What can YOU do?
The next time you wash your car or truck, think about all of the pollutants that collect on your vehicle that make it dirty. Then, think about where your soapy water could end up. Be the solution to water pollution by following either tip:
- Take your vehicle to a commercial car wash that recycles water. Commercial car washes are better than your driveway because their drains are connected to a sewer system and the wastewater will be sent to and cleaned by a wastewater treatment plant.
– OR –
- If you must wash off your vehicle at home, do it on a part of your yard where the grass and/or soil can serve as a natural filter to absorb pollutants.
- Use products that will not harm the environment.
- Use an auto-shut off nozzle or low-volume or pressure to reduce over spraying and wasting water.
- Wash your vehicle when needed rather than once a week.